Progesterone is one of the hormones in our bodies that stimulates and regulates various functions.
If you are suffering from fatigue, menstrual irregularities, anxiety/mood fluctuations, low libido, slow metabolism, weight gain, migraines your progesterone (or lack thereof) may be to blame. While these symptoms can be triggered by other causes like low iron, hypothyroidism, low vitamin D, cortisol imbalance, just to name a few, progesterone might certainly be to blame.
Benefits of Progesterone Restoration
- Increased metabolism
- Decreases risk of breast cancer (shown by many studies)
- Prevents cardiovascular disease: anti-hypertensive, decreases coronary vasospasms and blood clotting
- Anti cancer effect (breast-uterus)
- Alleviates depression and reducing anxiety
- Promotes normal sleep patterns and acts as a natural diuretic
- Prevents cyclic migraines
- Improves libido
- Decreases joint pain
In men, progesterone is important for prostate health. Studies have shown that the progesterone receptor may exert an inhibitory effect on Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) and Prostate Cancer (PCa) progression (Chen and Dong, 2017).
Chen, R., Yu, Y., & Dong, X. (2017). Progesterone receptor in the prostate: A potential suppressor for benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. The Journal of steroid biochemistry and molecular biology, 166, 91-96.